The Lunchbox Chronicles

Tuesday, September 9, 2008
I know this is probably the millionth time this back-to-school season that some random mom is writing about the mind-numbing act of making a lunch for her child every morning but here goes anyway. It is absolutely mind-numbing to pack a lunch for my child every morning. And I have only been doing this for 3 weeks! There is something so overwhelmingly deflating about picking up my son and opening his lunchbox, only to find: The exact same configuration I packed 7 hours ago. It is like getting a giant F in lunch packing every day. I need a remedial lunch packing class. My son can't even read yet, but if he could I would put a post-it note in his lunch box that said: "I am sorry I suck so badly at this, I love you." Is anyone working on a pill we can give our children for lunch? That would be the equivalent of a balanced nutritious meal? (As in a real one, not like the ads that show Lucky Charms as part of a balanced, nutritious meal...so long as you eat them with wheat toast, a banana, and a different, actually nutritious cereal). My foodie husband, parents and sister are collectively gasping in horror right now over the idea of a medicinal pill in lieu of a tasty meal--but if anyone is working on this, please add me to your mailing list, sign me up for the seminar, let me know if you need help in marketing. I'm in.
1 comments:
Anonymous said...

I do not know whether it's just me or if everybody else encountering issues with your site. It looks like some of the written text in your posts are running off the screen. Can somebody else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them as well? This could be a problem with my browser because I've had
this happen previously. Cheers

Also visit my homepage; resting metabolic rate calculator

Post a Comment